Welcome to NAPO Houston! We are so glad that you have taken the time to visit our website as you explore the world of professional organizing. We hope you will find all the information you need about our monthly meetings and what they entail. If you don’t see the information you are looking for, please contact our Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with any unanswered questions.
What to Expect at our Monthly Meeting
NAPO Houston holds its monthly meeting on the first Thursday of every month (except July) from 6:00 – 8:30 pm. We currently meet at United Way located at 50 Waugh Dr.
As a guest or new member you are welcome to join us at 5:45 pm for an FAQ round table discussion, where one of our board members will answer some of the most common questions people have about becoming a professional organizer, business essentials, and our national and local associations.
During the first hour of our dinner meeting you can expect a time of networking with other guests and organizers, table talk discussions about the industry and our personal experiences as organizers, as well as updates on chapter news, volunteer opportunities, and member spotlights. The second hour of our meeting time leans more toward education. Our guest speakers share information on tips and resources for running your business as well as improving your skills as an organizer.
Whether you are just thinking about becoming an organizer, or simply want to improve your existing business by learning and networking with other professionals like yourself, attending NAPO monthly meeting can meet your needs.
NAPO Code of Ethics & Other Important Documents
Below is a list of documents you might find helpful as you consider becoming a professional organizer and member of NAPO Houston:
NAPO Code of Ethics
Buddy for a Month Program
All guests are offered the opportunity to participate in our Buddy for a Month Program. If interested, a guest will be paired with an experienced organizer who is a current NAPO Houston member. The organizer Buddy will be the guest's "go-to" person at the meeting, sitting with them, introducing them to others, and answering any questions they might have. After the meeting the guest and buddy can exchange contact information, giving the guest an opportunity to call or email their buddy for the next month to chat about business in the professional organizing world.
This is a wonderful way to meet and learn from other organizers and we encourage all of our guests to take advantage of this program. If you are interested in participating in the Buddy for a Month program, you can contact our Guest Services Coordinator, Ximena Lopez, at email@example.com for more information.
Taking the Next Step
Although there is no limit to the number of meetings a guest can attend, we highly encourage our guests to consider joining NAPO Houston, to fully reap the benefits of membership:
• Inclusion in our Organizer Member Directory – the #1 destination for people looking for a professional organizer in Houston. New clients can find you through our website.
• Discounted Meeting Costs
• Networking opportunities with other chapter guests and members
• Members only Commissions, Discounts and Referrals
• Members only Information Access
• Access to Organizing Resource Library – check out dozens of CD’s, DVD’s, and books related to organizing at no cost.
• Professional Development – the chapter sponsors periodic training workshops on topics essential to your business lead by experts in the organizing and related fields.
• Participation in “Get Organized (GO) Month” - Each year, the month of January is NAPO’s Get Organized Month. Chapters all over the country, including NAPO Houston, sponsor GO Month events. GO Month is an opportunity for public recognition of organizing as a profession, of NAPO-Houston and of NAPO National.
• Support and encouragement from others in the industry - "Together we are better!"
If you have any questions regarding membership, or if you need any help with your member registration, please contact our Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note, should you decide to be a part of NAPO Houston, you must first be a member of NAPO National. For more information about joining NAPO National, visit napo.net